Vegan Outreach in Northern CA this Fall

  • Jack Norris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      The report below is from Brian Grupe, Vegan Outreach's Northern California Outreach Coordinator.

      This fall myself and volunteers leafleted all over Northern California, and also in a bit of Oregon and Nevada.  We got to 75 schools (mostly colleges and some high schools) and while I personally distributed a bit over 43,000, the two dozen or so volunteers were the real backbone of the semester.  Together as a team we reached a grand total of 91,669 students!  Truly amazing.  It was a special semester for me, marking 5 years with Vegan Outreach and 400,000 booklets lifetime total!  Here’s a few quick snippets from reports this semester.

      From Los Medanos College in September:

      I remember doing this school in 2009 and meeting no vegetarians and vegans.  We met close to 10 today, and many students mentioned food inc, learning about in a class, being aware already, etc.  Love to see measurable progress like this.

      From Skyline College in October:

      New record by 100 leaflets, woo!  Diane and I were able to really saturate this campus today.  I met three separate students who said they would be altering their diet in some way after reading the brochure.  So awesome.  Also gave my card to a young lady interested in volunteering and she has already emailed me.

      Note:  The person interested in volunteering in this post ended up helping multiple times and gave out over 1,100 leaflets.  So many great new volunteers this semester!

       From Folsom Lake College later in October:

      Weather cleared up (yay!) so that made today all the better.  At FLC a woman took a brochure, stopped and teared up, and gave me one of the biggest hugs I’ve ever received and said “THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!”.  It was still early and it totally startled me but in a good way.  Very sweet.  Another woman screamed out “God bless you!” a few minutes after this.  Eventful 2 hours at FLC!

      Thanks for your generous support of Vegan Outreach!  We wouldn’t be able to do it without all the amazing volunteers and donors who believe in our work.

      In the last few years, the demand for meat has gone down saving millions of animals from a life if suffering. If you would like to support this work, your donation will be doubled until the end of the year. You can donate here:

      http://www.veganoutreach.org/about/donate.html

      Happy Holidays!

      Brian Grupe
      Northern California Outreach Coordinator
      Vegan Outreach

      www.adoptacollege.org

      --
      Jack Norris, Registered Dietitian
      President, VeganOutreach.org | VeganHealth.org