New SVS potluck location; Sunday, June 26

  • MaryR
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011
      The Sacramento Vegetarian Society has a great new location, the Sacramento Grange Hall, at 3830 U Street (at Stockton Blvd.) in Sacramento. Our vegan potlucks will be held there on the fourth Sunday of every month at 5:30 p.m. Please join us!

      Our special guest speaker at the first event in our new location (on Sunday, June 26) is Dr. Goli Sahba, speaking on "Becoming a Nutritarian to Maximize Wellness and Longevity."
           Learn how to get more micronutrients per calorie in your diet. Food has powerful disease-protecting and therapeutic effects, and plant-based foods provide a broad array of necessary nutrients. Find out how plant-based nutrition can be a powerful ally in the fight against diseases that are difficult to control—obesity, digestive problems, fatigue, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, and more.

      Bring
      • a vegan (no animal products, including eggs and dairy) potluck dish to feed at least six
      • your plate, bowl, cut, utensils, napkin
      • a list of ingredients

      Baffled by vegan? Don't know what to fix? We can help. Drop a note at sacveggie@....

      Lots of free, off-street parking.

      Everyone is welcome. Bring your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc.!