Re: [valleyveg] Kale

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2005
      I believe that next month (March) the Sacramaneto
      Vegetarian Society will be heading over to Exploding
      Head on 2nd Saturday to see the artwork of vegan
      artist Gale Hart. A long time vegan, she was inspired
      to put together a show with artwork that relays the
      animal rights message. The artwork will be displayed
      at Exploding Head for the month of March.

      check out her website:

      http://www.whynoteatyourpet.com

      --- cons_binder <krturner@...> wrote:

      > No messages posted since the list started, so I'll
      > go first.
      >
      > Kale is suppose to be high in Calcium, but I've
      > never known how to
      > prepare it. I've tried steaming it like spinach, but
      > I've found it to
      > be tough and fairly bitter.
      >
      > Does anyone have a good recipe for preparing kale as
      > a side dish?
      >
      > Also, its probably a little late, but if anyone is
      > interested in
      > getting together and hitting a few galleries for
      > Second Saturday (this
      > Saturday, February 12th) let me know and perhaps we
      > can set up a place
      > to meet.
      >
      > I usually try to see at least Exploding Head and B.
      > Sakata Garo
      > galleries. I'll check back in to the valleyveg list
      > around six o'clock
      > this evening and if there is any interest I'll post
      > a meeting place.
      > Bring your kale recipies.
      >
      > I'm going to go ahead and cross post this message to
      > others on a Veg
      > Singles list, sorry in advance if you get this email
      > twice.
      >
      > Kevin

      =====
      L. E. F.
      Lauren Everett Farnsworth
      Save Lives, Save the Earth, Save Yourself: GO VEGAN!
      http://www.sunflourbaking.com
      http://www.sunkingpublishing.com

      Are your products tested on animals?? FIND OUT!!! at...
      http://www.caringconsumer.com/searchcompany.html