Re: [valleyveg] Fwd: Help! Adult male cat needs a home

  • Karen Paulson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2005
      You asked for suggestions: I'm a cat lover who has had several cats who
      tried to spray. I'm assuming this cat is a typical cat. All of my cats in
      the past have tried to spray. I sprayed their little behind a few times
      with a bottle of water, and finally sprayed them in the same area, a couple
      of times, with a super cheap bottle of 'perfume' (from the Dollar Tree).
      They got the idea. Your friend could try bringing kitty in, making sure she
      has a ledge on a window so kitty can look out at the world, keep a
      scratching post in the house (and spray it with catnip spray, Please!)
      Also, try spraying the furniture with Febreeze or something similar, made to
      spray on furniture, There's also a product on the market called "No Cat"
      or something similar like that. It can be found at Petsmart usually. Keep
      kitty in for a w hile until he has accepted that he lives there, and then
      install a cat door. K itty will go potty outside most of the time, believe
      me. And it's worth the effort. She'll have a best friend for life . . good
      luck! Karen