HSUS finds more factory farm abuse--please speak out!

  • Laurette Timms
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2008
      Dear Friend,

      The Humane Society of the U.S. has a third video of sick and
      injured farm animals being abused. This time they expose cruelty
      to these animals at cattle auctions, showing the extent of the
      problem from producer to slaughter plant.

      The video is hard to watch. But I encourage you to try, and then
      take action online by asking the USDA to close the loophole that
      allows "downers," or animals who can't walk, to be slaughtered
      for the food supply--and to apply the downer ban to haulers,
      stockyards, and auctions as well as slaughter plants.

      Please join me in asking the USDA to crack down on abuse of
      downers.

      It will only take a minute. Here is the link:
      https://community.hsus.org/campaign/2008_downer_investigation3?rk=QdwuqApq0MSnW

      If you do not wish to receive emails sent from your peers on behalf of this organization, please click this link:
      http://community.hsus.org/humane/opt-out-taf.tcl?friend_email=valleyveg%40yahoogroups%2ecom

      This email is Powered by Convio, Inc.

      http://www.convio.com