Fwd: It's the Meat, Stupid

  • Mary Rodgers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2008
      Not much I can add to Eric (founder of the Sacramento Vegetarian Society) and Neil's comments. Please sign the petition and pass it on.

      - Mary

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Eric Park" <woodlarkmusic@...>
      Date: July 27, 2008 6:10:46 PM PDT
      To: "Eric Park" <woodlarkmusic@...>
      Subject: Fwd: It's the Meat, Stupid

      Good for Dr. Barnard!
         This is what the American Press, terrified of losing the 10-figure lobbying/advertising budget of the Am. Meat industry, is refusing to print.  This is the Big Lie, as practiced in our time.  This is the 800-lb. gorilla in our kitchen that we are told to pretend is not there--or, rather, the 100,000,000 cows, half a billion chickens, and assorted American pigs, sheep, and other pathetic "meat animals" that we are told are not mad, are not mistreated, are not perpetuating a social practice of blind violence, are not filling our lives with pollution, our fields and streams with crap, our atmosphere with methane, are not using TWO-THIRDS of our precious Calif. water, are not dominating American land usage and ownership...as the sainted Edward Abbey put it, "The whole American west stinks of cattle."
         Please read this, and pass it on, if you have any interest in health, ecology, integrity in industrial practice, or economic justice.
         Eric Park