feral(?) cat/kitten rescue

  • Mary Rodgers
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 7:43 PM
      A stray, possibly feral, cat just had kittens in the garage of a
      friend who is definitely not a cat person. Does anyone know anything
      about feline rescue options locally for removing the very skittish mom
      and kittens to a more welcoming place (and eventually get the mother
      cat spayed)? Or can you recommend who would know? I'm willing to help
      out financially, but I don't have the means (e.g., car) of actually
      moving the cat(s). My friend lives in a high-crime neighborhood and is
      afraid to leave the garage door open for the mother cat and risk being
      burglarized, but of course she doesn't want to keep the mother away
      from the kittens.

      - Mary