Re: [valleyveg] Reserve June 11th for Veggie Float Down the River

  • Lisa DeCarlo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi Lauren, count me in - sounds like fun.

      Lisa

      >>> lef288@... 05/13/05 8:50 PM >>>
      I am the singles coordinator and this is a singles
      event, but like I always say, if you have a burning
      desire to join the fun, we will not discriminate
      against non-singles ;)

      Who: You & like-minded veggies

      Date: Saturday, June 11th

      Time: 10:30 am - late afternoon (optional)

      Where: Meet at Charlotte's house, then to the American
      River Raft Rentals, then back to Charlotte's for a
      pot-luck.  The rental area is within walking distance.

      What: Floating down the river with fellow veggies on a
      summer (sunny!!) day.  Reserved rafts will be held
      until 11:00 am.  Meeting at 10:30 allows for the
      late-comers, storing cars and pot-luck items.
      Floating down the river takes 3-4 hours.  Then
      pot-luck.  You can find map & directions and other
      info. about the raft activity/rental here:
      http://www.raftrentals.com/

      Price: Expect to pay about $15-$20 per person,
      depending on how many people RSVP.  This is for the
      cost of the raft, raft insurance and shuttle service
      back to our launch point.

      RSVP by Friday, June 3rd.  Please RSVP ASAP :)

      You may pick to attend one event or both.  Be
      specific.

      Please contact me with questions/suggestions.
      Hopefully Charlotte will post directions to her house
      as the event draws closer.  Locating the raft rental
      business will give you an idea of where we will be.

      See you at the pot-luck on Sunday!

      L. E. F.
      Lauren Everett Farnsworth
      Save Lives, Save the Earth, Save Yourself: GO VEGAN!
      http://www.sunflourbaking.com
      http://www.sunkingpublishing.com

      Are your products tested on animals??  FIND OUT!!! at...
      http://www.caringconsumer.com/searchcompany.html