Bi-annual Vegan Outreach Report

  • Jack Norris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      ValleyVeg,

      Vegan Outreach at Sacramento schools, Win/Spr 2007:

      1/17 UC Davis

      Charlotte & Jack 350 students given brochures

      2/1 Sac State

      Charlotte 30

      2/14 Sac State

      Charlotte & Jack 500

      2/21 Sierra College

      Charlotte & Jack 400

      2/28 Sac City College

      Charlotte & Jack 500

      3/8 UC Davis

      Charlotte, Clint & Jack 600

      3/21 American River College

      Jack 244

      3/28 Cosumnes River College

      Tiffany & Jack 504

      4/2 Sac State

      Rob 300

      4/4 University of the Pacific (Stockton)

      Rob 100

      4/6 Sac State

      Rob 230

      4/10 Sac State

      Tiffany & Jack 350

      4/25 UC Davis

      Rob 200

      5/2 McClatchy HS

      Jack 105

      5/8 Sac State

      Rob 207

      5/22 McClatchy HS

      Alex & Jack 200

      Total: 4,820 Students given booklets

      A lot of the current sentiment against factory farming in the U.S. is
      probably due to our efforts at colleges over the past 4 years.

      Across the country, Vegan Outreach activists handed booklets to 343,000
      students at 458 schools:

      http://www.veganhealth.org/colleges/semtotals

      And see what's been done all over California here:
      http://www.veganhealth.org/colleges/CA

      If anyone wants to get involved next semester, let me know.

      To donate to these efforts:

      http://www.veganoutreach.org/about/donate.html

      The only way we can do this work is with support from the greater vegan
      community. Thanks to everyone who helped out with time or donations last
      semester!

      Enjoy the rest of the summer, everyone.

      Jack Norris, Registered Dietitian
      Vegan Outreach