Veggie Calendar

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 9:04 PM
      Hi all - I was late getting a calendar to Reed for
      the Gleaner, but I did put together some events of
      interest for May & June. Take a cruise...

      May 6,7,8: Whole Earth Festival, UC Davis Campus,
      www.wef.ucdavis.edu

      May 7th: Dine-out

      May 7: Performing Animal Welfare Society, Mother's Day
      Open House at ARK2000, 2,400 acre sanctuary home to 5
      elephants and 39 tigers! 11:30am-2pm, $25,
      www.pawsweb.org, 209-745-2606

      May 13th: Showing of Peaceable Kingdom at Sierra 2
      Center, 2791 24th Street, 7pm, hosted by Linda
      Middlesworth

      May 14 (optional day May 15): California Hoe Down at
      Farm Sanctuary, $30, Speakers: Gene Bauston
      (co-founder), Michael Markarian (VP for External
      Affairs at HSUS), Jack Norris (dietician, co-founder
      of Vegan Outreach), www.farmsanctuary.org

      May 14: SVS Board Meeting

      May 14: Stone Lakes Wildlife Refuge - Walk On The
      Wildside! Celebrate International Migratory Bird Day,
      guided tours, children's activites, plant sale, music,
      food, 10am-4pm, near Freeport, free,
      www.stonelakes.fws.gov, 916-875-9453

      May 15: ***Pot-luck with speaker Jack Norris***, 5:30
      pm, Sacramento Natural Foods Learning Center Annex

      May 17: Placer Area Animal Coalition - Spaghetti Feed
      & Auction, catered dinner, entertainment and silent
      auction to benefit nonprofit animal rescue orgs in
      Placer County, 6-9pm, Roseville Sports Center,
      $12-$18, www.placeraac.com, 916-434-6022

      May 21: Education Forum at Animal Place, Bovine
      Basics, 11am-3pm, $25, www.animalplace.org

      May 28: Deer Creek Hills Oak Preserve Tour, 9am-1pm,
      free, docent-led,
      www.sacramentovalleyconservancy.org/events

      June 5: River City Run$15-$25, Old Sacramento,
      7am-12:30pm, Rain or Shine, www.earthdaysac.org

      June 11: Farm Tour for Kids!, Animal Place, 10am-12pm,
      $10.00, www.animalplace.org

      June 11: FUN SVS SINGLES EVENT!! River raft down the
      American River. Drift down the river from late
      morning to early afternoon, then an early pot-luck at
      Charlotte's. More details later.

      June 25: Education Forum, Animal Place, Partial to
      Pigs, 11am-3pm, $25, www.animalplace.org

      L. E. F.
      Lauren Everett Farnsworth
      Save Lives, Save the Earth, Save Yourself: GO VEGAN!
      http://www.sunflourbaking.com
      http://www.sunkingpublishing.com

      Are your products tested on animals?? FIND OUT!!! at...
      http://www.caringconsumer.com/searchcompany.html