'Tis The Season to End Battery-Cage Cruelty at Lunardi's Supermarket!

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2006
      Spread Holiday Cheer to Cruel Lunardi's This Friday and Saturday!

      As a high-end grocery chain in the San Francisco Bay Area, Lunardi's proclaims its purported commitment to excellence: "We can explain our prices, but we don't ever want to have to justify our quality."

      Recently, East Bay Animal Advocates documented conditions at one of Lunardi's egg suppliers. Shockingly, Lunardi's still sells eggs from chickens confined in overcrowded, wire cages.

      Citing concerns over animal care, East Bay Animal Advocates (EBAA) has contacted Lunardi�s numerous times this autumn without a single response. Moreover, Lunardi's is the lead competitor of Andronico's Market, which stopped selling battery cage eggs in October 2006. In order to advance the grocery chain's commitment to excellence, EBAA is asking Lunardi�s to stop selling battery cage eggs at its stores.

      * On Friday, December 22nd, join EBAA for a National Call-In to Lunardi�s Supermarket, Inc. Call (650) 588-7507 & urge the company to stop selling battery-cage eggs.

      * On Saturday, December 23rd, EBAA will launch its weekly outreach campaign efforts at Lunardi's Supermarket. Show your support for animals:

      Time: Noon - 1 p.m.
      Place: Lunardi's Supermarket, 345 Railroad Avenue, Danville

      Online at http://www.LunardisAbuse.com