Lunardi's Campaign Kick-Off in Danville on December 23rd

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      Lunardi's Campaign Kick-Off in Danville on December 23rd

      On Saturday, December 23rd, East Bay Animal Advocates will launch its weekly outreach campaign efforts at Lunardi's Supermarket.

      Date: Saturday, December 23rd, 2006
      Time: Noon - 1 p.m.
      Place: Lunardi's Supermarket, 345 Railroad Avenue, Danville

      As a high-end grocery chain in the San Francisco Bay Area, Lunardi's proclaims its purported commitment to excellence: "We can explain our prices, but we don't ever want to have to justify our quality."

      Recently, East Bay Animal Advocates documented conditions at one of Lunardi's egg suppliers (http://www.LunardisAbuse.com). Shockingly, Lunardi's still sells eggs from chickens confined in overcrowded, wire cages.

      Citing concerns over animal care, East Bay Animal Advocates has contacted Lunardi�s numerous times this autumn without a single response. Moreover, Lunardi's is the lead competitor of Andronico's Market, which stopped selling battery cage eggs in October 2006. In order to advance the grocery chain's commitment to excellence, East Bay Animal Advocates is asking Lunardi�s to stop selling battery cage eggs at its stores.

      For more information: http://www.LunardisAbuse.com