Directions to Vernal Pools

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2005
      Hi all!

      In case any of you choose to show up on Sunday, I'm
      emailing directions to everyone (still hoping!). I
      think it's more of a guided wildflower walk than a
      hike. The woman on the phone said that there are
      quite a few people expected and the weather is
      supposed to be beautiful. I RSVPed for 4.

      2pm-4pm on Sunday the 17th.

      I got directions from where I live, so I've modified
      them. I don't know Sacramento well, so there might be
      a more direct route from where you live that I don't
      know of.

      In general: BETWEEN JACKSON & FLORIN ROAD.

      50 EAST from Downtown
      POWER INN ROAD/HOWE AVE. EXIT-- Turn RIGHT off the
      Freeway
      FIRST LEFT on FOLSOM BLVD.
      RIGHT on JACKSON BLVD.
      RIGHT on EXCELSIOR (if you get to Florin Rd. you've
      gone too far)
      LEFT on PRIVATE ROAD a quarter of a mile down
      Excelsior
      There will be a banner hanging at the entrance to the
      private road. Sacramento Valley Conservancy.

      I will be driving myself. If you want to carpool, Don
      Knutson has suggested the Co-op Housing Downtown.

      Their phone number is: (916) 731-8798
      http://www.sacramentovalleyconservancy.org/events.htm

      L. E. F.
      Lauren Everett Farnsworth
      Save Lives, Save the Earth, Save Yourself: GO VEGAN!
      http://www.sunflourbaking.com
      http://www.sunkingpublishing.com

      Are your products tested on animals?? FIND OUT!!! at...
      http://www.caringconsumer.com/searchcompany.html