Don't Forget to Call Lunardi's Today!

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      Today, join East Bay Animal Advocates for our campaign launch with a National Call-In to Lunardi�s Supermarket, Inc. Call (650) 588-7507 and urge the company to stop selling battery-cage eggs.

      Lunardi's Supermarket, a high-end grocery chain in the San Francisco Bay Area, proclaims it purported commitment to excellence: "We can explain our prices, but we don't ever want to have to justify our quality."

      Lunardi's shockingly still sells eggs from chickens confined in battery cages. Moreover, Lunardi's is the lead competitor of Andronico's Market, which stopped selling battery cage eggs this month.

      Recently, East Bay Animal Advocates documented conditions at Lunardi's battery-cage egg supplier. The undercover footage shows intensive confinement of chickens in tiny cages. Citing concerns over animal care, East Bay Animal Advocates has contacted Lunardi�s five times this fall without a single response.

      Lunardi�s plays an important role in promoting animal-friendly business practices. In order to advance the company�s commitment to excellence, EBAA is asking Lunardi�s to stop supporting this abusive industry practice.

      Learn more about how you can protect chickens through this campaign: http://www.LunardisAbuse.com