Campaign Victory: Andronico's ends its sale of battery cage eggs!

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2006
      Campaign Victory: Andronico's ends its sale of battery cage eggs!

      Andronico's Market, a 10-store grocery chain based in the San
      Francisco Bay Area, will no longer sell eggs from chickens
      confined to tiny battery cages. Bill Andronico, president of the
      company, told East Bay Animal Advocates: "We have plans to be 100
      percent cage-free on October 1, 2006. We take all issues around
      this matter very seriously, from the welfare of our employees to
      the welfare of the hens."

      Andronico's Market joins Whole Foods Markets, Wild Oats Natural
      Marketplace and other retailers around the country that refuse
      to carry eggs from caged hens. Christine Morrissey, president
      of East Bay Animal Advocates, stated, "Andronico's Market is
      taking a positive step by refusing to carry eggs from battery
      caged hens, and other grocers across the Bay Area should follow
      its lead."

      Thank Andronico's for taking a bold stand against animal cruelty:
      http://www.cal-eggs.com

      East Bay Animal Advocates
      P.O. Box 1406
      Martinez, CA 94553