East Bay Animal Advocates August 8, 2006 E-Alert

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      East Bay Animal Advocates
      August 8, 2006 Issue

      Andronico's Day of Action this Saturday

      On Saturday, August 12th, East Bay Animal Advocates will be
      urging Andronico's to stop selling eggs from hens confined in
      battery cages�wire enclosures so restrictive, the birds cannot
      even walk or spread their wings. Donning banners and signs,
      community members will distribute literature at all of
      Andronico�s store locations in Berkeley and talk to customers
      about the recently disclosed evidence of consumer deception and
      animal cruelty from 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM.

      Take a stand against cruelty this Saturday:
      http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/08/08/18295554.php

      Earn Money for EBAA by Searching the Web

      What if East Bay Animal Advocates earned a penny every time you
      searched the Internet? Well, now we can! GoodSearch.com is a new
      search engine that donates half its revenue, about a penny per
      search, to the charities its users designate. You use it just as
      you would any search engine, and it�s powered by Yahoo!, so you
      get great results. Just go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to
      enter 'East Bay Animal Advocates' as the charity you want to
      support. Just 500 of us searching four times a day will raise
      about $7300 in a year without anyone spending a dime! And, be
      sure to spread the word!

      Start internet surfing to help animals:
      http://www.goodsearch.com

      Advocate Focus: Karin Olsson

      EBAA welcomes our newest volunteer, Karin Olsson, who is
      coordinating the Advocacy Author Group. Karin, a graduate of the
      University of Maryland, was introduced to activism by working
      with social justice groups such as Food Not Bombs and Books to
      Prisoners. She resides in San Francisco with her feline buddy,
      Smokey, and works as an artist and letterpress printer. Karin's
      commitment to animal advocacy was solidified when she started
      spending time with farmed animals at Animal Place. By managing
      EBAA�s letters-to-the-editor e-alerts, Karin is helping increase
      public visibility of animal cruelty in California animal
      agriculture and creating opportunities for individuals to develop
      advocacy skills right from home. "I really admire the East Bay
      Animal Advocates for their amazing work and tireless efforts on
      behalf of the animals," says Karin. "I am so thrilled to be
      working with them." She can be reached at
      letters@....

      Join Karen with EBAA's Advocacy Author Group:
      http://www.eastbayanimaladvocates.org/wst_page3.html

      East Bay Animal Advocates
      P.O. Box 1406
      Martinez, CA 94553