Warped Tour Leafleting

  • Jack Norris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      Thursday July 13 marks the most the most lucrative leafleting of the year
      for this area. The Warped Tour will be coming to Marysville to the
      Sleeptrain Ampitheater. Other cities have passed out up to 10,000 booklets
      on vegetarianism to the crowds at the Warped Tour which attracts a younger,
      alternative crowd.

      The concert starts at noon. But people generally start leafleting in the
      afternoon around 4:00 as people start leaving, and go up until the concert
      ends which is normally around 10 pm or so. I am in the midst of trying to
      find out the exact ending time.

      The concert is 35 miles from Sacramento.

      Big caveat: According to California law, we should be allowed to leaflet.
      However, the security at these places don't always follow the law (even
      though venues such as this, like the Cow Palace in San Jose, have lost very
      recent lawsuits). I am discussing with my lawyer whether to contact them
      ahead of time or just taking our chances this year. I should have dealt with
      this weeks ago, but unfortunately didn't. : (

      So, I'm wondering if anyone would like to join me in going to this to
      leaflet? I guess trying to get there at 7 PM would be best, unless the
      people who want to go have the afternoon off and can leave earlier.

      Thanks,

      Jack