leafleting results: farmer's market downtown 6/28

  • rmchiles1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2006
      what's up everyone -

      About 50 "even if you like meat"s were distributed today at the
      Cesar Chavez plaza farmers market downtown. Mostly city and state
      workers, 20s-50s, moderately receptive. usually I'd do a college,
      but I was in the vicinity so what the heck.

      Some highlights: a woman in her forties passed by and said that she
      was "aware of the issue" and thanked me for being there. I also had
      a 'Santa Claus' hippie say to me "I totally support what you're
      doing." Best of all was giving a pamphlet to a guy and then hearing
      30 seconds later, after he'd continued walking, "AWWW MAN - I was
      just about to get a chicken sandwich!" =)

      I also left a stack of 50 in the news and review bin on the corner
      (don't tell Jack!) - which I guess is a bit of a no no, but the ones
      that I left in front of tower books have been doing pretty well.

      Tofu power!

      Rob