this saturday (6/3)! Vegan Day @ Whole Foods Market - free food, free classes!

  • rmchiles1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hey all -

      I'm reposting the invite that Emily posted on the vegan meetup list,
      in case any of you missed it. This will be fun! I plan on getting
      there around 11am :)

      Rob

      Whole Foods Market Sacramento Welcomes you to:

      Vegan Day
      June 3rd, 2006
      ALL DAY
      Vendor Tables 11AM-4PM
      Classes in Salud! Cooking & Lifestyle School 10AM-8PM
      All events throughout the day are FREE, however, donations to
      attending vegan non-profits are suggested.
      Pre-registration is required for classes within Salud! Cooking &
      Lifestyle School.

      *Sign up outside of Salud! Cooking & Lifestyle School to Win Free
      Gift Baskets. Raffle Prizes will be announced at 12 Noon, 3:30 PM,
      and 5:30 PM.

      Exciting In-Store Events
      Pamela Spencer, Raw Food Chef and Holistic Nutritionist Demonstrates
      Raw Food in our World-Class Produce Department!
      You'll find Pam teaching class every first and third Tuesday in
      Salud!, our Cooking & Lifestyle School. Today, she shares her
      knowledge and wisdom about the health benefits of Raw Vegan Foods,
      surrounded by her favorite foods – farm fresh produce! You'll be
      amazed and delighted at how delicious and satisfying her uncooked
      treats can be!

      The entire store is prepared with special products and signage to
      help vegans identify products that are free of animal products. Look
      for:
      • Exciting New Vegan Dishes in Prepared Foods!
      • Special Vegan Treats Available in Our Bakery Department including
      Chocolate Mousse Cake and Freshly Baked Fruit Pies!
      • Cruelty-Free Products in our Whole Body Department, Clearly
      Labeled for Easy Vegan Identification
      • Books and DVDs to educate new and experienced vegans and
      vegetarians.

      Free Samples by Our Friends at:
      Sun Flour Baking Company
      Lara Bars
      RawSheeds
      Lightlife
      Tofurky
      And many, many more!

      Organizations and Vendors Represented
      Learn about animal compassion and the health benefits of a vegan
      diet from our friends at these organizations.
      • VegNews Magazine www.vegnews.com
      • Vegan Outreach www.veganoutreach.org
      • Sacramento Vegetarian Society http://home.earthlink.ne
      t/~sacveggie/
      • The Cancer Project www.cancerproject.org
      • CHIP, Coronary Health Improvement Project www.chipusa.org
      • EarthSave www.earthsave.org
      • San Francisco Vegetarian Society www.sfvs.org
      • PETA www.goveg.com and www.peta.com
      • Organic Sacramento www.organicsacramento.org

      Salud! COOKING & LIFESTYLE SCHOOL
      PLEASE SIGN-UP EARLY AT CUSTOMER SERVICE, BY CALLING 916-488-2800 OR
      ON-LINE AT http://www.wholefoodsmar
      ket.com/stores/calendars/ARD.html

      10-11:30AM Healthy Morning Breakfast
      With Special Guests, Chuck & Charlie Bowman, Instructors from The
      Cancer Project's Food for Life Cooking Class Series (Offered here at
      Whole Foods Market Sacramento for the second time beginning
      September 18th!)
      Menu
      Potatoes O'Brian
      Breakfast Burritos
      Fresh Fruit Platter
      Fresh Salsa

      *Announcement of First Raffle Prize Winner 12:30 PM

      12:30-2 PM Lunch - Scrumptious Summertime Fare with Organic Wine
      Pairing
      With Special Guest, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, founder of
      Compassionate Cooks (www.compassionatecooks.com). She has appeared
      on the Food Network, teaches vegan cooking classes and produces
      cooking DVDs.
      What better way to celebrate the warm weather than to cook up these
      delicious summertime favorites.
      Menu
      Mushroom Pecan Burgers
      Tantalizing Thai Slaw
      Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
      Wines Provided by Luke Frey of Frey Vineyards

      3-4 PM Vegan Nutrition Lecture
      With Tim Radak, DrPH, R.D. Nutrition Consultant for the
      Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine www.pcrm.org
      See Tim's bio at http://www.pcrm.org/news /bios/radak.html

      *Announcement of Second Raffle Prize Winner 4:30 PM

      4:30-5:30 PM Organic Wine Tasting with Vegan Hors D' Oeuvres
      NO SIGN-UP REQUIRED (please do sign up for the cooking classes)
      Organic Vegan Wines Provided by:
      Frey Vineyards
      Nevada County (Orleans Hill & Our Daily Red) www.ourdailyred.com
      Hors D' Oeuvres Provided by WFM Catering Department

      6:30-8PM Fresh French Supper with Organic Wine Pairing (1 ½ hours)
      With Emily Barth Webber, Salud! Supervisor
      Going Vegan is a snap with these super-quick and easy recipes. Emily
      shows you how being compassionate is modern, healthy and delicious!
      Menu
      Grilled Artichokes with Smoked Tomato Basil Coulis
      Fennel, Heirloom Tomato, & Arugula Salad with Tarragon-Mint
      Vinaigrette
      French Lentil and Summer Vegetable Salad
      Whole Wheat Batard with Sweet Parsnip-Avocado Butter
      Peach Galette
      Wines provided by Tony Norskog of Nevada County (Orleans Hill and
      Our Daily Red)
    • rmchiles1