Sierra College

  • Jack Norris
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      Forgot to report that on Wednesday, Clint Butler and I handed out just over 200 copies of Even If You Like Meat at Sierra College.

      I also swung by the KFC protest at Alhambra and M today for only about 45 minutes. Pretty good turnout! And for 4 hours (that was ambitious). It was great to see so many new activists doing things in Sacramento.

      Jack
    • Jack Norris
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2006
        Today I was back at my favorite school. I had a table for Earth Day from
        10 - 1. I handed out about 5 brochures from people coming up to my table.
        Leafleting, on the other hand, garnered about 195 students.

        Total: 200 Even If You Like Meat handed to students

        Many students came to my table because of my leafleting and I thus gave out
        a large number of Veggan Outreach's Guide to Cruelty Free Eating and Mercy
        For Animals's Veggie Starter Packs. Probably about 25 total.

        There was a high school student there with her mom at a different Earth Day
        table. I saw her returning from Jack In the Box as I was leafleting and she
        took a flyer. I then later saw her eating the hamburger. And then even later
        I saw her reading the EIYLM. Later still, she came to my table for more info
        and also spent some time at the Animal Protection Institute's table, very
        interested in animal rights.

        *Lots* of vegetarians and people telling me they'd gotten it from me before
        and "I have that one at home."

        A very encouraging day,

        Jack Norris, Registered Dietitian
        Vegan Outreach