Lots of Veg Classes coming up in April/May at Whole Foods!

  • Emily A. Barth Webber
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006
      Hi All,
      I've scheduled lots of vegan classes this April/May at Salud! Cooking
      & Lifestyle School at Whole Foods Sacramento. Please check out the
      listing at www.wholefoods.com. Please spread the word and show your
      support for our veg offerings. Bring a meat-eating friend and let
      them see how easy it is to cook healthy meat and dairy-free meals!
      The classes I'm most excited about include:

      Modern Macrobiotics
      With Very Special Guest Chef, Jessica Porter
      Author of The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics
      Visit Jessica's website at www.hipchicksmacrobiotics.com
      Tuesday, April 11th
      6:30 PM
      In this informative and fun-filled class, Jessica Porter, Author,
      Actress and Stand-up Comedienne, demystifies and simplifies the
      macrobiotic diet. While this naturally healthy philosophy has been
      around for years, it became more popular when celebrities including
      Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow began following the diet. Join us to
      find out how to find balance in the foods you eat by incorporating
      more whole grains, vegetables and legumes and reducing or eliminating
      processed foods from your diet. Don't miss this opportunity to learn
      from Jessica Porter, an expert in the field who trained and taught at
      the Kushi Institute, the center of the macrobiotic universe. By
      changing your diet, you just may change your life!
      Elegant Orange Couscous
      Mock Tuna
      Roots and Tops
      Crisp Rice Treats

      Vegetarian Teens – Early Spring Picnic
      With Emily Barth Webber, Salud! Supervisor
      Tuesday, April 25th
      6:30 PM
      Ages 13-17
      *Class will be vegan (dairy-free).
      Are you a teenager interested in being a vegetarian? Are you finding
      it difficult? Let me help. I'll give you resources including
      websites and suggested reading for you and your parents plus a fun
      hands-on cooking class to get you excited about healthy vegetarian
      Orzo Pasta & Roasted Vegetable Salad
      Grilled Tofu Caprese Panini with Basil-Miso Pesto
      Homemade Fudgy Chocolate Brownies

      Get Ready for Summer! Weight-Loss with a Taste of the Pacific Islands
      With Emily Barth Webber, Salud! Supervisor
      Wednesday, May 3rd
      6:00 PM
      *Menu selections will be meat, dairy and cholesterol-free (vegan).
      In this straight-talking class inspired by the book, Skinny Bitch, by
      Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, Emily Webber tells it like it is,
      giving you all the tools you need to lose weight the healthy, natural
      way in time for summer. We'll prepare a few quick and easy dishes
      that will show you just how delicious light and healthy can be while
      inspiring you to get bikini-ready for our hot Sacramento summers or
      perhaps your upcoming trip to Hawaii?
      Spicy Garlic Edamame
      Coconut & Macadamia Nut Crusted Tofu
      Quick Stir-Fried Asian Vegetables
      Steamed Brown Jasmine Rice
      Creamy Mango & Coconut Fool

      Luxuriously Light & Healthy Mother's Day Brunch
      With Emily Barth Webber, Salud! Supervisor
      Sunday, May 14th
      1 PM
      *Vegan Options Available
      Bring your best friend (hint: it's your mom!) to this special
      brunch. We'll make some of your favorite brunch classics, but
      lightened up just enough to make them guilt-free. Remember, this is
      Whole Foods Market, so they're still deeeelicious!
      Eggs or Tofu Florentine Nouveau
      Buttermilk Waffles with Orange Flower Scented Peach-Rhubarb Compote
      Blackberry Mimosas

      Springtime Gourmet and Organic Wine Tasting
      With Very Special Guest Chef, Cookbook Author, Meredith McCarty
      Visit Meredith's website at www.healingcuisine.com
      Tuesday, May 16th
      6:30 PM
      Please welcome Meredith McCarty, expert natural foods chef, for this
      very special engagement, as she shares with us her techniques for
      making low-fat, sugar-free, meat-free and dairy-free recipes that are
      full of whole natural foods including vegetables, fruits, grains,
      legumes, nuts and seeds. She draws on her background as a
      macrobiotic counselor, cooking for health, without sacrificing one
      bit of flavor. You'll be amazed just how incredibly delicious and
      satisfying her light, healthy food can taste.
      Leek and Asparagus Tart
      Cumin-Scented Quinoa Pilaf
      Farmer's Market Salad with Candied Almonds and Toasted Almond
      Strawberry-Rhubarb Terrine and Lemon Tahini Crunch Cookies

      See you soon!