Call Andronico's Today!

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      Today, join East Bay Animal Advocates (EBAA) for our campaign launch
      with an 'Andronico's Call-In'. Call (510) 649-6759 and urge the company
      to adopt a cage-free egg policy.

      Andronico's Market, a natural foods grocery chain in the San
      Francisco Bay Area, plays an important role in promoting humane
      business practices. As Andronico's vision articulates: �We
      initiate and encourage change, taking responsibility for our
      actions in pursuit of excellence.�

      Although the company offers an array of free-range and cage-free
      egg products, Andronico's still sells eggs from chickens confined
      in battery cages.

      Recently, EBAA documented conditions at Andronico's battery-
      cage egg supplier � NuCal Foods, Inc. Our undercover footage
      shows intensive confinement of chickens. The hens are housed in
      wire enclosures so small that they are unable to lift even a
      single wing.

      In order to advance the company�s commitment to excellence, EBAA
      is asking Andronico's to adopt a cage-free egg policy. Several
      retailers, including Whole Foods Market and Wild Oats Natural
      Marketplace, have already adopted policies to carry only cage-
      free eggs.

      Thank you!

      Christine Morrissey
      East Bay Animal Advocates