Special Alert: EBAA Launches New Consumer Campaign

  • christine@eastbayanimaladvocates.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      Join East Bay Animal Advocates for the launch our new consumer
      campaign this week!

      Andronico's Market, a natural foods grocery chain in the San
      Francisco Bay Area, plays an important role in promoting humane
      business practices. As Andronico's vision articulates: �We
      initiate and encourage change, taking responsibility for our
      actions in pursuit of excellence.�

      Although the company offers an array of free-range and cage-free
      egg products, Andronico's still sells eggs from chickens confined
      in battery cages.

      Recently, EBAA documented conditions at Andronico's battery-
      cage egg supplier � NuCal Foods, Inc. Our undercover footage
      shows intensive confinement of chickens. The hens are housed in
      wire enclosures so small that they are unable to lift even a
      single wing.

      In order to advance the company�s commitment to excellence, EBAA
      is asking Andronico's to adopt a cage-free egg policy. Several
      retailers, including Whole Foods Market and Wild Oats Natural
      Marketplace, have already adopted policies to carry only cage-
      free eggs.

      On Friday, March 3, join EBAA for our campaign launch with an
      'Andronico's Call-In'. Call (510) 559-2800 and urge the company
      to adopt a cage-free egg policy. You can also reach Andronico's
      by email at customerservice@... or snail mail at 1109
      Washington Avenue, Albany, California 94706.

      Starting Saturday, March 4, get involved in our ten-day outreach
      series outside of all Andronico's stores.

      To learn more about battery-cage egg production in California,
      visit www.cal-eggs.com.

      Get Involved in 'Ten Days of Compassion' at Andronico's:
      http://www.eastbayanimaladvocates.org/wst_page5.html

      Sincerely,
      Christine Morrissey

      East Bay Animal Advocates