Bitchin Kitchen & Intro

  • Brandon Peele
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2005
      Hello!
      My name is Brandon and I just moved to Sac from SF. Great to find this
      group! Obviously, I'm vegetarian and a proud new owner/member of
      Natural Foods Co-op on Alhambra! I was wondering if folks could point
      me in the right direction for resources for vegetarian restaurants
      and/or ways to get involved in the local progressive community.
      Thinking about joining the Motherlode Sierra Club. My main interests
      are sustainable living, spiritual/personal growth, socially
      responsible business. Any ideas?

      Also, I encountered a young woman who is raising money to start her
      own vegetarian restaurant here in Sacramento; it has a great name too!
      "Bitchin' Kitchen" specifically. I had a tasty falafelrito and a
      coconut from their tent at the farmer's market on 9th and J on
      Wednesday. I want to help her raise money and find a good location and
      was wondering if this group has any insights for her?

      Best,
      Brandon

      P.S. I maintain a blog at http://www.generativetransformation.org
    • charlotte markee
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
        Welcome Brandon,
        A great list of restaurants can be found at sacveg.com.  It is a vegan list, but covers all veg-friendly restaurants.   Please join us sometime for one of our events.

        Charlotte

        Brandon Peele <bpeele04@...> wrote:
[...]

      • gata_tara
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
          Hi Brandon,
          Welcome! Have you tried Andy Nguyen's? There is also the Vegan
          Meetup group and the Sacramento Vegetarian Society-both have dine-
          out events fairly regularly. Please join us sometime.
          Tara

          --- In valleyveg@yahoogroups.com, "Brandon Peele" <bpeele04@g...>