Re: [valley_area_gamers] Pathfinder in 2011

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2010

      Ok - the background is up.

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13392946/Speaks%20With%20Wind/index.html

      Matt Harris
      matt_j_harris@...
      ICQ: 1656005
      www.launchpadzero.net

      On 12/14/2010 9:40 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
      Interesting.
      Meeting an air elemental would have been possible.  Of course not everyone would believe your story.

      Let me know if this works for you.  Feel free to build on this.

      You have been the Shaman's assistant from a very early age and he considers you his most promissing student.  If it where up to him he would choose you as his succsessor.  Unfortunately the tribal elders and much of the tribe would rather see the honor go to Born-Under-Stars.  You and the Shaman know he lacks your aptitude but he has the good fortune of having been born during a meteor shower.

      One day the Shaman tells you that you must leave the tribe on an important quest and that you are destined for things greater than the tribe.  Part of you wonders if he is just trying to avoid the potential conflict.  Regardless of his intentions conflict is avoided and while the preparations are being made to induct Stars as the new shaman, you are given a heroes send-off.  The tribe gives you many gifts to help you on your journey.  (500 Gold Pieces worth of gifts to be exact.)

      Yep I guess I did mean Cohort but if you want a Consort that can work too.

      While reading the pathfinder books I was very pleased with the new half orc race and the fact that not only where they were not automatiacally saddled with charisma penalties.  (How are you supposed to intimidate anyone when you have a low charisma) but shared the humans single floating stat bonus.  It seemed like the half orc was finally going to become a formidable option as a caster.