Re: [valley_area_gamers] Pathfinder in 2011

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2010
      That was about where I was going with this.  I figured one of the reasons Speaks-With-Wind is not particularly beloved is the "half" part of his heritage. What would work better for the campaign - a tribe of orcs? Or a tribe of humans?  Let me know which and I will work up some of the tribes details as part of the character background.

      Regarding the APG - are you using the traits section? If so, how many - 2 is the standard.

      For players who don't have the APG, you might want to direct them to the Pathfinder SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/)  - they have all of the APG stuff in there now.

      Total agreement with you regarding the half-orc. All of a sudden, it is more than a meat shield.  Although, the alternative racial features in the APG don't seem to go in that direction.

      On product you might to want to check out is the Pathfinder SORD.  http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=81817
      I went and got it and it looks really useful for speeding up combat.

      On 12/14/2010 9:40 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
      Interesting.
      Meeting an air elemental would have been possible.  Of course not everyone would believe your story.

      Let me know if this works for you.  Feel free to build on this.

      You have been the Shaman's assistant from a very early age and he considers you his most promissing student.  If it where up to him he would choose you as his succsessor.  Unfortunately the tribal elders and much of the tribe would rather see the honor go to Born-Under-Stars.  You and the Shaman know he lacks your aptitude but he has the good fortune of having been born during a meteor shower.

      One day the Shaman tells you that you must leave the tribe on an important quest and that you are destined for things greater than the tribe.  Part of you wonders if he is just trying to avoid the potential conflict.  Regardless of his intentions conflict is avoided and while the preparations are being made to induct Stars as the new shaman, you are given a heroes send-off.  The tribe gives you many gifts to help you on your journey.  (500 Gold Pieces worth of gifts to be exact.)

      Yep I guess I did mean Cohort but if you want a Consort that can work too.

      While reading the pathfinder books I was very pleased with the new half orc race and the fact that not only where they were not automatiacally saddled with charisma penalties.  (How are you supposed to intimidate anyone when you have a low charisma) but shared the humans single floating stat bonus.  It seemed like the half orc was finally going to become a formidable option as a caster.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2010

        Humans with some Half-Orcs would probably work out best.

        Lets go ahead with 2 traits.

        I will pass on the SRD stuff and set up a dedicated yahoo group page once the group is firmed up.

        I came accross this product while looking at the SORD.
        http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=81423
        Looks kind of familiar except they went with 15th century instead of 16th

        --
        Matt Harris
        matt_j_harris@...

        --