Are there games going on right now?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi All,

      I posted a similar message to westvalleydnd; I figure there will be
      some crossover, but not 100%. Just wanted to see if there were
      openings in any games, or any folks wanting to start up a new
      campaign. I'm primarily interested in D&D 3.5. My best availability
      is Thursdays & Sundays, but weekdays after 7:30 would work (if you're
      night owls), and I would consider other days, if the right opportunity
      came along. ;)

      See ya
      PT
    • Matt Harris
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 7, 2007
        There is one active game I know of every other Wednesday evening
        (approximately) in Burbank - It is the Reddin Campaign. I have been looking
        for a game on weekends but haven't found anything yet.

        I don't know of any active games - I've been looking but

      • Zack, James
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 8, 2007
          I am running Red Hand of Doom alternating Sundays from 2pm-8pm in the San Gabriel Valley (Alhambra).  If you want more details contact me directly.  We are looking for another player.

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 8, 2007
            Hi,

            How long have you been running it? What level are the characters? What sort
            of character are you looking for? I haven't played in many years, so I'm
            looking for something kinda low level, but I could adapt, I guess.

            ~Paul

            --- "Zack, James" <JZACK@...> wrote:

            > I am running Red Hand of Doom alternating Sundays from 2pm-8pm in the
            > San Gabriel Valley (Alhambra). If you want more details contact me
            > directly. We are looking for another player.
            >
            > ________________________________

            Be a PS3 game guru.
          • Zack, James
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 8, 2007
              We just kicked off the Red Hand of Doom last session, so the average party level is 5th.  I have been running this game about 6 months, we all started at level 1 and worked up to 5th through various adventures.  As for type of characters, the party consists currently of an arcane spellcaster, a fighter and a cleric.  They have an NPC rogue and NPC ranger in the group as well, but we would really like a real player for those roles.

              As for experience, I have been DMing 3.5 edition for only about a year now, and many in the group are newer to 3.5 edition as well, so don't feel pressured to know all the rules.  Once we finish with Red Hand we will be kicking off a new campaign and running the Savage Tide adventure path from Dungeon magazine.  I expect Red Hand to last us several months however.

              You can contact me directly via email or at my message boards (http://www.zackfamily.com)

              -JZ

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              href="mailto:valley_area_gamers%40yahoogroups.com">valley_area_ gamers@yahoogrou ps.com

              message to westvalleydnd; I figure there will be
              > some crossover, but
              not 100%. Just wanted to see if there were
              > openings in any games, or
              any folks wanting to start up a new
              > campaign. I'm primarily interested
              in D&D 3.5. My best availability
              > is Thursdays & Sundays, but
              weekdays after 7:30 would work (if you're
              > night owls), and I would
              consider other days, if the right opportunity
              > came along. ;)
              >
              > See ya
              > PT

              Be a PS3 game guru.
              http://videogames. yahoo.com/ platform? platform= 120121

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 8, 2007
                I don't know if I'm quite ready to take on the Reddin Campaign. And
                the Alhambra game is too far away for me.

                Maybe we can generate some interest in a new game. What kind of
                game are you looking for? 3.5? Fridays and Saturdays are kinda out
                for me (the wife ain't a gamer). Is it only weekends that are good
                for you, or is there a weeknight or two that you could do? Do you
                DM?

                --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Harris"
                <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                > There is one active game I know of every other Wednesday evening
                > (approximately) in Burbank - It is the Reddin Campaign. I have
                been looking
                > for a game on weekends but haven't found anything yet.
                >
                > I don't know of any active games - I've been looking but

              • Matt Harris
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 10, 2007
                  The reason I haven't joined the Redding Campaign is that they game Wednesday
                  nights. I was a guest twice, and it is a pretty fun group.

                  I can basically do Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Weeknights don't
                  work cause I work the next day and actually like to be awake for my job ;-).

                  I ran a campaign for a couple of years and I am not up to running one again
                  at the moment. Playing or maybe doing some sort of round robin (what the VAG
                  did for the first couple of years) would be ok.

                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 10, 2007
                    <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                    > [snip]
                    > I ran a campaign for a couple of years and I am not up to running
                    one again
                    > at the moment. Playing or maybe doing some sort of round robin (what
                    the VAG
                    > did for the first couple of years) would be ok.

                    By round robin, you're referring to switching weeks DM'ing?

                    Suffice to say, I ain't DM'ing anytime soon. Quarter of a century
                    away from the game, it'll take me awhile to get my sea legs.
                  • Matt Harris
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 10, 2007
                      Quarter century away?!?

                      It has changed a little bit... ;-)

                      I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to DM right off the bat. I
                      definitely think DM prep work for adventures has gotten a lot harder.

                    • Ron
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 11, 2007
                        Hey Matt,

                        Ron here. How have you been? I am looking to get back into
                        playing. I played for about a year in another game, but nothing
                        since September.
                        I have space to play. I am pretty much limited to every other Friday
                        night and dont mind playing late. I would be fine DMing or playing.

                        Ron

                        <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                        > Quarter century away?!?
                        >
                        > It has changed a little bit... ;-)
                        >
                        > I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to DM right off the
                        bat. I
                        > definitely think DM prep work for adventures has gotten a lot
                        harder.

                      • Matt Harris
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 14, 2007
                          I can do every other Friday, although any DMing would have to be part of a
                          round-robin. I am still burnt out on running a campaign.

                          I used my apartment for my campaign, but can certainly go elsewhere.

                        • Ron
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 15, 2007
                            Cool. Well if we can get one more, would you be up for starting on
                            March 2nd? I put an add out on Wizards. I'd rather have 3 or 4
                            players but it would probably be easier to get players if we get the
                            ball rolling.
                            Do you know anyone else looking for a game? Or if anyone else
                            reading is interested, let us know.

                            Ron

                            <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                            > I can do every other Friday, although any DMing would have to be
                            part of a
                            > round-robin. I am still burnt out on running a campaign.
                            >
                            > I used my apartment for my campaign, but can certainly go elsewhere.

                          • Brandon Varn
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 15, 2007
                              Hay, I am down. Send me a email at brandon_varn@...

                              --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <lordjulius42@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Cool. Well if we can get one more, would you be up for starting on
                              > March 2nd? I put an add out on Wizards. I'd rather have 3 or 4
                              > players but it would probably be easier to get players if we get
                              the
                              > ball rolling.
                              > Do you know anyone else looking for a game? Or if anyone else
                              > reading is interested, let us know.
                              >
                              > Ron
                              >
                              > --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Harris"
                              > <matt_j_harris@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I can do every other Friday, although any DMing would have to be
                              > part of a
                              > > round-robin. I am still burnt out on running a campaign.
                              > >
                              > > I used my apartment for my campaign, but can certainly go
                              elsewhere.

                            • Matt Harris
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 2, 2007
                                Ron -

                                Was there going to be a game tonight? I hadn't heard anything so I am
                                assuming not.

                                It does look like there are a couple of interested people on the board.

                              • Ron
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 2, 2007
                                  Well, I am up for it.
                                  I hadn't heard back from Aaron but I exchanged some mail with Brandon.
                                  If anyone wants to make some characters and start playing, feel free
                                  to come by tonight any time after 6:00

                                  245 W Loraine St #334
                                  Glendale, CA 91202

                                  Just give me a call sometime before so I know to expect you.
                                  818-231-7208

                                  <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                                  > Ron -
                                  >
                                  > Was there going to be a game tonight? I hadn't heard anything so I
                                  am
                                  > assuming not.
                                  >
                                  > It does look like there are a couple of interested people on the
                                  board.

                                • Ron
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 2, 2007
                                    I am up for a game.
                                    I havent heard back from Aaron, but I have exchanged a few mails with
                                    Brandon.

                                    If anyone wants to show tonight any time after 6:00 and make
                                    characters and get started my address is.
                                    245 W Loraine St #334
                                    Glendale, CA 91202

                                    Just let me know here or give me a call so I know to expect you.
                                    818-231-7208

                                    Ron

                                    <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                                    > Ron -
                                    >
                                    > Was there going to be a game tonight? I hadn't heard anything so I
                                    am
                                    > assuming not.
                                    >
                                    > It does look like there are a couple of interested people on the
                                    board.

                                  • Matt Harris
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 2, 2007
                                      Ron -

                                      Here is the article on firearms (et. al.) I mentioned.

                                      http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?arch_stuff62

                                      The actual meat of the document is in this pdf:
                                      http://www.montecook.com/images/Technology.pdf
                                    • Paul
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 3, 2007
                                        There is someone on the West L.A. Meetup site that wants to start a
                                        game. For folks who may not be aware of that site, this particular
                                        thread is at
                                        http://dnd.meetup.com/669/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2796111

                                        Paul