Conan RPG

  • Jamallo Kreen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
      Has anyone here played the Conan RPG? I've been wanting to play it
      since I first heard of it, but it doesn't seem to be as popular as I'd
      expected it to be.
    • Matt Harris
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2005
        Are you talking about Conan D20 or a specific RPG? I haven't played either,
        although I am a Robert E. Howard fan.

      • Jamallo Kreen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
          There is a Conan RPG for D20 published by Mongoose. The rules set to
          get is "The Atlantean Edition," so I've been told -- the first
          printing of the rules (without the "Atlantean" label) sucked so bad
          that Matt Sprange of Mongoose publicly apologized for them and owners
          of the first printing were offered big discounts on the new printing.
          You can't tell the difference by the ISBN -- both "editions" use the
          same number for contractual or copyright reasons. The "Pocket
          Edition" is the revised rules pared down, with a lot of the atmosphere
          and explanatory essays cut out (and it costs half the price of the
          hardback). The pocket edition is on Amazon and eBay, and "The
          Atlantean Edition" is on eBay (but you have to look at the picture of
          the cover to look for the Atlantean label). The Last Greandier
          probably has current stuff.

          TSR also published a "Conan" module, which I have, but which isn't
          particularly "Hyborian" in feel, if ya know what I mean. It has
          Ahnuld Schwarznazi on the cover, though.

          --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Harris"