Campaign Log

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 2, 2005
      FYI -

      I have finally got around to updating the campaign log:

      http://www.launchpadzero.net/index.php?name=DND/CampaignLog.html#050122

      Matt Harris
      matt_j_harris@...
      http://www.launchpadzero.net
      ICQ: 1656005
    • Kevin Walsh
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
        Hello fellas --

        This started as yet another "I can't make it this week, sorry" email and
        then I realized that I seem to be writing one of these for just about every
        session.

        Looking ahead, I'm volunteering with a marathon training group (the one you
        helped out with before, Matt) and once we get into long mileage, experience
        tells me I'm not going to be good for too much on many Saturdays.

        Plus, some additional projects have cropped up and are starting to eat into
        weekend time, as well.

        So in fairness to everyone, I think I have to go on an indefinite hiatus
        from gaming. I really hope you're able to maintain enough of a critical
        mass to keep the campaign going -- SOMEONE should make it through the thing.
        I'll be sad to miss out, because I've had a blast at every session.

        As for Fellwyr, do with him what you will. Poison his mead and loot the
        body. Send him off into the sunset. Hand him off to a new player. Run him
        around like a zombie meat shield. Or perhaps grant him a glorious death,
        saving a runaway cart full of village schoolchildren from a tragic end. (If
        you need/want documentation for him (or the mule, for that matter) let me
        know and I'll send 'em off.)

        I'll hang on the list to squeeze what vicarious thrills I can out of the
        adventure, but in the meantime, take care, folks!

        - kevin w

        kev@... / Licensed to Think
        Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality

        Like every other good thing in this world,
        leisure and culture have to be paid for.
        Fortunately, however, it is not the
        leisured and the cultured who have to pay.

        -- Mr. Scogan, "Crome Yellow"
        by Aldous Huxley
      • Jamallo Kreen
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
          --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Walsh <spazweez@e...>
          wrote:
          > Hello fellas --

          (snip)

          > As for Fellwyr, do with him what you will. Poison his mead and
          loot the
          > body. Send him off into the sunset. Hand him off to a new player.
          Run him
          > around like a zombie meat shield. Or perhaps grant him a glorious
          death,
          > saving a runaway cart full of village schoolchildren from a tragic
          end. (If
          > you need/want documentation for him (or the mule, for that matter)
          let me
          > know and I'll send 'em off.)

          (snip)

          Kevin, how sad for us! (I call dibs on looting the body and have
          papers proving that I bought the mule from Fellwyr two weeks ago.)

          Saturday is therefore on, I hope.
        • Matt Harris
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
            So far, yes.

            There is no body to loot by the way.

          • Matt Harris
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
              Well, I am sorry to see you go. When/if life lightens up, well you are
              always welcome back.
              Personally, I think Fellwyr has a treasure map he wants to follow....I think
              his cousin might be interested. ;-)

              Looks like we should recruit one more player,now.

              BTW - Do send me his and Paeder's stats - I will need him as an NPC, at
              least for tomorrow.

              BTW 2 - Don't forget that you don't have to be in the campaign to post to
              the list. Keep in touch.

            • Jamallo Kreen
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 4, 2005
                --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Harris"
                <matt_j_harris@y...> wrote:

                > So far, yes.
                >
                > There is no body to loot by the way.

                Damn. But I have PAPERS for the mule.
              • Jamallo Kreen
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 14, 2005
                  <matt_j_harris@y...> wrote:
                  > FYI -
                  >
                  > I have finally got around to updating the campaign log:
                  >
                  > http://www.launchpadzero.net/index.php?name=DND/
                  CampaignLog.html#050122

                  It's Jeroen and his brother Wilfred who have ranks in Search and Spot
                  Hidden, not I, being no Pratt myself. I have searched and cannot find
                  our x.p. awards. Where, pray tell, pretty please, is that located?
                  (Or is it not online and I have been wandering lost in cyberspace
                  purposelessly, but for downloading Ars Magica 4? Yes, I know you told
                  me on the 2nd, but that was more than a week ago! Like I'm gonna
                  remember after the event-filled week I've had.)

                  -- Christian
                • Matt Harris
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 27, 2005
                    That is cause I hadn't posted it. XP awards are never in the campaign log
                    anyway (which I have yet to update).

                    300 xp each for roleplaying, IIRC.

                  • Jamallo Kreen
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 30, 2005
                      <matt_j_harris@y...> wrote:
                      > That is cause I hadn't posted it. XP awards are never in the
                      campaign log
                      > anyway (which I have yet to update).
                      >
                      > 300 xp each for roleplaying, IIRC.

                      Matt, how do the animals (Kitty and Pater) advance? Do they get XP
                      from their owner or acquire XP on their own?

                      (I don't know about anyone else, but I *really* dislike the new Yahoo
                      layout -- it's hard to find anything!)
                    • Matt Harris
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 30, 2005
                        You're not the only one who doesn't like the new Yahoo layout. I have over
                        sixty yahoo groups - previously, I could see 20 on a page easily. Now I have
                        to scroll down.

                        Here is a petition to change it back -
                        http://www.petitiononline.com/kham2087/petition.html

                        Re: the meat of your question - animals don't gain XP or advance. If you
                        have Animal Handling, you can teach them tricks, but that is about it,
                        unless magic is brought into the equation somehow.

                        Said rules don't apply to Familiars, Warhorses, or Druidic/Ranger Animal
                        Companions, which have their own rules.

                      • Jamallo Kreen
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 30, 2005
                          <matt_j_harris@y...> wrote:
                          > You're not the only one who doesn't like the new Yahoo layout. I
                          have over
                          > sixty yahoo groups - previously, I could see 20 on a page easily.
                          Now I have
                          > to scroll down.
                          >
                          > Here is a petition to change it back -
                          > http://www.petitiononline.com/kham2087/petition.html
                          >

                          > Re: the meat of your question - animals don't gain XP or advance.
                          If you
                          > have Animal Handling, you can teach them tricks, but that is about
                          it,
                          > unless magic is brought into the equation somehow.
                          >
                          > Said rules don't apply to Familiars, Warhorses, or Druidic/Ranger
                          Animal
                          > Companions, which have their own rules.

                          What then of the ferocious dog of war, "Kitty," whom I have been
                          working with on a daily basis towards gaining Animal Handling and Ride
                          abilities, noble Kitty, guardian of camp and hearth, charger into
                          battle, and sentinal against sneak thieves? Kitty, for whom I have
                          even (finally) ordered a figurine. KITTY, MIGHTY KITTY -- WAR DOG OF
                          THE HALFLINGS!
                        • Matt Harris
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 1, 2005
                            I have finally updated the campaign log from the last session.

                            http://www.launchpadzero.net/index.php?name=DND/CampaignLog.html#050305

                            Matt Harris
                            matt_j_harris@...
                            http://www.launchpadzero.net
                            ICQ: 1656005
                          • Matt Harris
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 17, 2005
                            • Matt Harris
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 1, 2005
                                I have updated the campaign log. Apparently my website it having some
                                troubles, so if the main Launchpad Zero url doesn't work, try this
                                alternate.

                                http://lordzero.temp.powweb.com/

                                Matt Harris
                                matt_j_harris@...
                                http://www.launchpadzero.net
                                ICQ: 1656005
                              • Matt Harris
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 15, 2005
                                • john woods
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 18, 2005
                                    so when do we play some d& d..??

                                    Matt Harris <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:
                                    Unproofed, but posted:

                                    http://www.launchpadzero.net/index.php?name=Weblog/lzblog.php?p=178

                                    Matt Harris
                                    matt_j_harris@...
                                    http://www.launchpadzero.net
                                    ICQ: 1656005

                                    if you can't be a good example for others then you will just have to be a wornning to them...

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • john woods

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 18, 2005
                                        Date is this Saturday
                                        Time is from 1:00 PM t o between 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM
                                        Location is my apartment:
                                        6640 Simpson Ave #1
                                        North Hollywood, CA 91606

                                        Street parking is generally available on Saturday, but not on Simpson south of Archwood.

                                        I'll do a schedule through the rest of the year sometime this weekend.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 11, 2005
                                          Ok -

                                          Finally got around to posting the log.
                                          http://www.launchpadzero.net/DND/CampaignLog.html#050820

                                          Matt Harris
                                          matt_j_harris@...
                                          http://www.launchpadzero.net
                                          ICQ: 1656005
                                        • John
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 9, 2005
                                            I will not be able to attend the game on 10 dec 2005. Sorry guys.
                                            I'll see you next game session.

                                            John
                                          • Matt Harris
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 9, 2005
                                              Will anyone else not be able to make the game?

                                              --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jsgii_2000@y...> wrote:

                                              > I will not be able to attend the game on 10 dec 2005. Sorry guys.
                                              > I'll see you next game session.
                                              >
                                              > John

                                            • Jamallo Kreen
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Dec 10, 2005
                                                I *just* found out that John is not coming. Since he's my ride,
                                                neither am I. Will you switch to next Saturday, the 17th?

                                                Matt, please tell John Wood and Mike that I will be running tomorrow at
                                                noon. Mike should get there around 11:30 to discuss his character.
                                                There will be (some) furniture.