Sad sad news

  • shiro4ever
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      Being the bearer of sad news is never easy, but this week has been a
      critical week for me. It has become apparent that I am in fact too
      busy to have gaming as a regular part of my life. In fact, things
      look like they'll be getting busier in the near future as I'm
      planning to return to grad school to pursue a master's (attending
      classes in the morning) and I'll probably end up having to take a
      second job (working weekends) to provide money for that, unless I win
      the lottery or something. As it is now I've been putting every spare
      minute (and many minutes that aren't spare) into this game, and with
      the prospect of my life getting even more hectic, well it wouldn't be
      fair to delude myself or all of you any longer. Better to put your
      energies into something that has a prospect of going somewhere.

      I think if I can't even make a bi-weekly game I have no business
      wasting your time or expectations. I thought I could make it work,
      but it's now apparent I can't, and with an even busier life looming
      on the horizon I couldn't even be counted on as a player. The only
      solace I will find in my choice is if you guys continue to get
      together and have fun and keep the group alive. Ric, this might be
      your chance to run your Alusia campaign. Hopefully my life will
      quiet down enough in the future where I can return to the fold--so
      it's critical you keep the group going that long! :)

      Once again, I offer my sincerest apologies and best wishes. You're
      all a great group of guys and it would have been my honor to run a
      game for you.

      Keep in touch,

      David
    • Patrick Havert
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        David,

        Good luck,

        Everyone else, I'll presume no session tonight unless I hear from you otherwise.

        Patrick

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          "Sad sad news"

          David - you have a true gift for understatement. I am sorry to hear this,
          but I do understand.
          RL does take priority.

          I would suggest that we all continue to meet today to discuss what are our
          next steps should be. I actually have some campaign material that I have
          been working on, though it is nowhere near as detailed as the Seven
          Kingdoms.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
            Guys,

            I would be willing to DM, but can not start tonight, I can start in 2 weeks if you'd like.

            I don't really see that we have to meet tonight to discuss this, it seems that email should be fine.

            If someone else wants to DM that is fine as well.

            If you do decide you want me to DM, I would accept 2nd level characters, with 900 GP to start, and you would start with a base 12, plus 1d6 for each stat on your characters.

            I will check my email later tonight, so let me know what you are thinking.

            Patrick