RE: [valley_area_gamers] Adventure Recap

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 3 2:34 PM
      >The good stuff

      Wand of Magic Missiles (5th level) 44 Charges           3300
      >    2
      Scrolls of Stone to Flesh                             3300
      >    Ring of Counterspells
                                      4000
      >    Gloves of +2 Dexterity
                                      4000
      >    Orcish Double Axe +1
                                      4360
      >    Chain Shirt +2 of Fire Resistance (10 per
      round)       25250

      Sorry for the delay in replying ... haven't had much time to go through my e-mail.

      Disposition of items:
      With the exception of the scrolls, all of the magic items are above the  3000 gp limit, which means we can vote to keep them as party treasure and allocate their use.  (I so vote) No need for Solaris to go into hoc to get the chain shirt.

      My opinion on loot:
      If Halrung wants the Orcish Double Axe as his share of the loot, works for me. Keep the following as party treasure Wand of Magic Missiles, Ring of Counterspells, Gloves of Dexterity, Chain Shirt +2.  Allocate the Chain Shirt to Solaris and Gloves to Pepper. Rune had some interest in the ring, but is willing to yield any such claim to Balthazar.  The think Khorda should get use of the wand so he can get a little more magical punch.

      3606 xp (3394 + 212) was enough to let Rune level by 36 XP so he will be 7th also (6 levels of wizard, 1 level of elemental savant). I have updated his stats on the party list and added Pepper to the list.  The list is somewhat out of date, so I suggest everyone update their character before next session. http://www.launchpadzero.net/DND/party_list.php.

      Rune is also in favor of exploring the wizard's lair...we still don't know what happened to him, although if Halrung is right...there goes are maker of Magical Items.  Plus that "Flesh Golem" marker has gotten him intrigued.
    • Richard Tawney
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 6 6:24 PM
        Message
        I have no problem with Matt's suggestion for the keeping of the "The Good Stuff" as it was called. These items should be retained and used as needed. So I'll take the +2 Chain Shirt of Fire Resistance. I will hold onto my +1 Mythril Chain Shirt

        Ouch, I just noticed it has a -1 AC Check Penalty.

        What does that make our total for cash?

        Ric
        >    Wand of Magic Missiles (5th level) 44 Charges           3300
        >    2 Scrolls of Stone to Flesh                             3300
        >    Ring of Counterspells                                   4000
        >    Gloves of +2 Dexterity                                  4000
        >    Orcish Double Axe +1                                    4360
        >    Chain Shirt +2 of Fire Resistance (10 per round)       25250

        Sorry for the delay in replying ... haven't had much time to go through my e-mail.

        Disposition of items:
        With the exception of the scrolls, all of the magic items are above the  3000 gp limit, which means we can vote to keep them as party treasure and allocate their use.  (I so vote) No need for Solaris to go into hoc to get the chain shirt.

        My opinion on loot:
        If Halrung wants the Orcish Double Axe as his share of the loot, works for me. Keep the following as party treasure Wand of Magic Missiles, Ring of Counterspells, Gloves of Dexterity, Chain Shirt +2.  Allocate the Chain Shirt to Solaris and Gloves to Pepper. Rune had some interest in the ring, but is willing to yield any such claim to Balthazar.  The think Khorda should get use of the wand so he can get a little more magical punch.

        3606 xp (3394 + 212) was enough to let Rune level by 36 XP so he will be 7th also (6 levels of wizard, 1 level of elemental savant). I have updated his stats on the party list and added Pepper to the list.  The list is somewhat out of date, so I suggest everyone update their character before next session. http://www.launchpadzero.net/DND/party_list.php.

        Rune is also in favor of exploring the wizard's lair...we still don't know what happened to him, although if Halrung is right...there goes are maker of Magical Items.  Plus that "Flesh Golem" marker has gotten him intrigued.

      • Spazweez
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 6 7:15 PM
          I'm fine with counting the items Matt suggested as "party treasure" items
          and distributing them through the group as noted.

          As to the monetary total and the way the shares will eventually break down,
          maybe we should hold off on that until we're done exploring the rest of
          Ron's adventure?

          - kw

          On 7/6/03 6:24 PM, "Richard Tawney" <rangerric@...> wrote:

          > I have no problem with Matt's suggestion for the keeping of the "The
          > Good Stuff" as it was called. These items should be retained and used as
          > needed. So I'll take the +2 Chain Shirt of Fire Resistance. I will hold
          > onto my +1 Mythril Chain Shirt
          >
          > Ouch, I just noticed it has a -1 AC Check Penalty.
          >
          > What does that make our total for cash?
          >
          > Ric

          kev@... / Licensed to Think
          Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality

          Incomparable in adversity, he was the
          miracle worker who would save your life
          against all the odds and long after your
          number was up. The greatest leader that
          ever came on God's earth, bar none.

          -- Sir Raymond Priestley speaking of
          Sir Ernest Shackleton
        • Matt Harris
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 6 9:27 PM
            >As to the monetary total and the way the shares will eventually break down,
            >maybe we should hold off on that until we're done exploring the rest of
            >Ron's adventure?

            I agree with this.
          • Richard Tawney
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 7 7:22 AM
              Message
              So we will not be going back to town? I was going to resupply now that I have some cash.

              Ric

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 7 5:12 PM
                On 7/3/03 2:34 PM, "Matt Harris" <matt_j_harris@...> wrote:

                > 3606 xp (3394 + 212) was enough to let Rune level by 36 XP so he will be 7th
                > also (6 levels of wizard, 1 level of elemental savant). I have updated his
                > stats on the party list and added Pepper to the list. The list is somewhat
                > out of date, so I suggest everyone update their character before next
                > session. http://www.launchpadzero.net/DND/party_list.php.

                I updated Varros as best I can, but the field for melee and ranged attack
                bonuses only seems to support 3 character-length entries. Currently,
                though, he's +10/+5 melee and +9/+4 ranged. Ack!

                I've updated Khorda and have placed the Wand of Magic Missiles (lvl 5) with
                him as a party item barring any other claims to it?

                RE: RIC'S SUGGESTION TO RESUPPLY AT TOWN BEFORE CONTINUING EXPLORATION

                I'd say unless you're critically low on anything we might as well just forge
                ahead and finish this dungeon area. I don't know if I remember correctly,
                but I think the travel back to the trading tent-city was something like 3 or
                4 days?

                I think it would be handy to have some concrete answers about the
                missing/dead mage before going back to town, as well.

                Also, I'd rather not have the folks who traveled with Hafrung return and
                loot the area in our absence.

                Plus, I seem to recall that the last time we left a large unexplored area to
                re-supply in town, it was swallowed up by a divine earthquake before we made
                it back. All that loot, buried forever... ;)

                - kw

                kev@... / Licensed to Think
                Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality

                Thou shalt not kill, but needst not strive
                Officiously to keep alive.

                -- Alfred Hugh Clough
                "The Latest Decalog"
              • lordjulius42
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 7 5:16 PM
                  I got my finger on the Earthquake Button. :)

                  Ron

                  --- In valley_area_gamers@yahoogroups.com, Spazweez <spazweez@e...>

                • Richard Tawney
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 7 5:39 PM
                    Message
                    OK, I'll just have to make do till then!!!

                    Ric

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 7 5:53 PM
                      Ok - I've fixed the field length on attack bonuses. I hadn't really thought
                      about the multiple attackes when designing the script.

                      I also don't want to return to town. Pretty soon the news of the wizards
                      death with get out and then we will have a whole lot of competition. IIRC
                      Ric said Solaris was running low on arrows - well the orcs had 10 score, so
                      that should no longer be a problem.