Kent

  • Larry J. Swiech
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2006
      Recently I purchased a nice complete (kinda sorta) so I thought, red Kent. I heard about
      the "Silex" method on "The Splendid Table" and was intrigued. So of course I searched eBay
      and settled on one that matched my kitchen decor.
      The main thing that I was hoping to be good on it would of course be the gasket. I
      was surprised that despite some small cracking it was relatively pliable. I was mystified as
      to how coffee was made in this. It is not intuitive I could not figure out how the grounds
      were filtered. That was the kinda sorta complete I mentioned, and, thanks to eBay, a filter
      is on its way. I did not buy this as a collector piece, the futuristic or deco pieces had I
      known about them and if i could find one in red........

      I don't even drink coffee. I love it. My doctor has some silly notions about coffee and my
      health. What I have is is friends that do and brewing coffee in a vac pot is performance art.
      It is a fascinating process that rewards the audience visually and oraly. That is why I bid
      high on this Kent as it was an ensemble. Little did I know was that my 6 pieces were only
      60% of the cast and therein lies my reasons for being here.

      I am looking for the rest. Through a link I saw a photo that showed a Kent on a hot plate
      on a tray. It was called a "Presentation Set" and a side bar mentioned that a bowl holder
      and coffee measure were available. That makes 10 pcs. by my count. I would love to put
      that set together.
      I have a question, more of a verification really. Was the top bowl used as a funnel to fill the
      decanter?

      I appreciate your attention and any help, directions-I now have factory instructions on how
      to brew a pot- or lore you can pass my way. I will over the next few days be reading
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
        Hi Larry,

        You probably haven't had time to go though all the
        photos yet but vacpotaddict has a set of instructions
        for the use of the kent which should explain most
        everything your asking. I am going to try and post it
        here:

        If this link doesn't work you can find it in the photo
        section under "Vacpotaddict's" photo album, its on
        about the third page of photos. If you click on the
        "large" setting at the bottom of the page it will make
        it very readable.

        Hope you will enjoy your Kent set after learning about
        it.

        Larry

        http://mail.yahoo.com