Poll still open on the Discussion direction.

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi all,

      We have so far had 11 members make there feelings known though our poll on the
      direction of the discussion of the group. So far its slightly more that would like to discuss
      other types of coffee makers as well as the vac. pots.

      Of late it doesn't seem that we are overwhelmed by discussions of vac pots either.

      Searching for a way to get more intput from our members?

      Larry
    • Fran
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
        Hi Larry..

        I'm sorry we aren't as active as you'd like us to be. I know what
        my excuses are: We don't use very many of our pots and my knowledge
        extends to what I like and what I don't like. Even when explained
        and given photos, it took me a while to see that the Sunbeam c40 had
        an aluminum top as opposed to chrome...or something like that.

        I also think at least a few of us would have liked to have found
        missing pieces for our pots BUT weren't willing to give up pieces we
        had as well...or in some cases like me, wasn't sure enough about
        what I had to give up being worth enough to satisfy one of "us".
        Ahem...and it's NOT my collection to mess with either...I'm just the
        vocal one of the two of us.

        Another issue is several of us do have extensive collection and
        therefore would be in competition for some of the rarer pots
        online. Since I may not mention something we would be interested in
        online, I might mention it after the fact and of course I always
        love hearing about "finds" everyone else has acquired out there.
        Actually I need to hear and see some of these others since how am I
        ever going to know I have another pot to lust after? I think it was
        Steven's Red white and Blue McKee that I didn't know about until i
        saw it in his collection.

        Anyway...thanks for creating the site, Larry, and I'm sure we'll
        plop along at some sort of pace even if not all day every day. ;-D

        and BTW...to add to the "toy collection" we were sucessfull bidders
        on a plactic toy set with cups and saucers today and there was a
        plastic narrow neck Mckee vac pot with it - they called it a silex
        but it looked Mckee to me. Very cute...now our grandchildren
        can "brew coffee" for their little friends just like Grandma and
        Grandpa!

        Fran

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "larry hollenberg"