Welcome serveral new members.

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2006
      A special welcome to our most recent members, Rich and Will. Always nice to see fellow
      collectors added to our group. Perhaps you will have some thoughts on collecting or to
      share with us. Look forward to knowing you better.

      Larry Hollenberg
      Moderator
    • Rich Cincotta
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
        Hi all,

        Thank you Larry for the kind invitation to join as well as the warm
        welcome. I look forward to participating where I can and gleening
        knowledge from all of you.

        I can't say that I'm strictly a vac pot collector as I collect many
        other vintage appliances as well BUT I would have to say that I was
        picking up vac pots, first, as far back as 15-20 years ago when you
        wouldn't have considered, or had to, pay more than $5 for any vac
        pot.

        My collection is modest in size (compared to many of you) but it is
        made up of pots that strike my fancy. I don't know about any of you,
        yet, but I do use a vintage vac pot every day for my coffee.

        I hope none of you mind but I will have a few questions for all of
        you, very soon, but I thought that I would make this message my
        introduction :-)

        I love the pictures that are posted in the "photo gallery"!!

        Best regards,
        Rich
      • larry hollenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
          Hi Rich,

          I would bet that most of us use our vintage pots often. To me thats the real fun part of the
          hobby. Perhaps the most fun to me is finding them. But come morning I often find myself
          standing looking around and trying to decide which pot I want to give a try that day.
          Sometimes for a while I have a favorite, but usually return to changing out often. Of
          course a new one always demands a try for me. Unfortunately on ocassion, and lately more
          than I wanted, I have ended up with broken item. I wonder if the people that end up
          spending really high amounts for pots do get the nerve to use them? Although I have paid
          too much for any number and on ocassion broken them.

          Please do "ask questions", thats what gives us something to belong to. Some of us are
          bound to try and answer. Thanks too for your opinion in the poll we opened yesterday.

          Larry

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Cincotta" <platen@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Thank you Larry for the kind invitation to join as well as the warm
          > welcome. I look forward to participating where I can and gleening
          > knowledge from all of you.
          >
          > I can't say that I'm strictly a vac pot collector as I collect many
          > other vintage appliances as well BUT I would have to say that I was
          > picking up vac pots, first, as far back as 15-20 years ago when you
          > wouldn't have considered, or had to, pay more than $5 for any vac
          > pot.
          >
          > My collection is modest in size (compared to many of you) but it is
          > made up of pots that strike my fancy. I don't know about any of you,
          > yet, but I do use a vintage vac pot every day for my coffee.
          >
          > I hope none of you mind but I will have a few questions for all of
          > you, very soon, but I thought that I would make this message my
          > introduction :-)
          >
          > I love the pictures that are posted in the "photo gallery"!!
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Rich

        • Rich Cincotta
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
            Hi Larry,

            I guess finding them is a great deal of fun but I do enjoy using
            them about the same. Being a coffeeaholic I find it to be the one
            hobby where I can personally enjoy the rewards of my hunt. I only
            have one pot that I have not tried using as it would braek my heart
            to hear that terrible cracking sound of a glass pot breaking! My
            other collecting interest is early typewriters. The funny thing is
            that I can't type to save my life! :-). If at all interested, please
            take a look at my site at http://typewriter.rydia.net .

            Again, thank you, Larry for your kind welcome!

            Best regards and happy hunting,
            Rich

            --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "larry hollenberg"