Re: [vacuumcoffeepotcollector] Re: GE Automatic filter problems and question.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      Thanks EML

      I will watch for one of those.

      I was thinking you might be a source to ask about the
      length and strength of coffee in the Automatics.
      Would it be possible to get a reasonable cup of coffee
      by reducing the amount of grounds, or perhaps the
      grind size to try and compenstate for the length of
      time the GE Automatic runs. I know you can remove the
      pot anywhere along the line. But if you want to let it
      run its course is there a way to modify the coffee to
      get it to at least be drinkable.

      When I changed to the metal filter and reduced the
      grounds it seemed to make what some would consider a
      drinkable cup of coffee. A lot better than when I used
      the full strength and the cloth filter. I think it did
      however have that sort of over cooked taste which is
      probably unavoidable.

      Larry

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • long9875
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hey Larry - I'm maybe the wrong guy to ask about that since I always
        remove the pot from the burner according to a timer clock. I like
        pretty strong coffee and always use a near espresso grind from a
        Rancilio Rocky grinder. I let steep about 3 minutes, stirring
        occasionally, then remove the pot from the burner and let it draw
        down which usually takes about a minute. I always use the GE glass
        rod, and yes I do have a two sweatband insulator wrapped around the
        upper pot to keep steeping temperatures up. EML