Bodum

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
      I just used my 12 cup Bodum elrctric vacuum pot. Despite what
      sweetmarias say's, I like it. Amazingly fast but the infusion seemd
      long enough (I did, however, use a fine grind). When I turn on my
      popcorn popper to roast some coffee, my neighbors come running. I've
      had the Bodum for a while, but decided to use it due to the Pavlovian
      drooling of my neighbors wanting some really fresh coffee, quickly,
      despite the 92 degree heat. Anyway, it works great. I hope to find a
      mini Bodum vac pot next.
      My collection grows.
      Rick
    • Fran
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2006
        Rick..

        We used our 5 cup Mini Santos all last week. I also reduced the
        grind some but with the grinder I was using, I also increased the
        amount of coffee grinds I used. I brewed a Kona and an El Salvador
        we roasted during the week, I preferred the El Slavador. I think
        the Kona was just a wee bit too delicate for my tastes.

        Hehehe we've got our neighbors too acclimated to our coffee as
        well. BTW did you get any of Sweet Maria's "Panama collection"
        green beans?

        Fran

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Rick"
        <mrp5561@...> wrote:

        > I just used my 12 cup Bodum elrctric vacuum pot. Despite what
        > sweetmarias say's, I like it. Amazingly fast but the infusion seemd
        > long enough (I did, however, use a fine grind). When I turn on my
        > popcorn popper to roast some coffee, my neighbors come running.
        I've
        > had the Bodum for a while, but decided to use it due to the
        Pavlovian
        > drooling of my neighbors wanting some really fresh coffee, quickly,
        > despite the 92 degree heat. Anyway, it works great. I hope to find
        > mini Bodum vac pot next.
        > My collection grows.
        > Rick

      • Gabe Angel
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2006
          I must agree with you Rick, I got my 12 cup Santos a couple of weeks ago, I am very satisfied with the outcome and performance of this modern vacpot, I even come home in the evening in 90 degree temperatures and make a few cups of decaffinated coffee with it.  I do have a mini santos as well,but i seem to notice that the 12 cup model does better as far as infusing time than compared to the mini. One drawback I dont like about the mini is that it will only keep the warmer on for 15 minutes before turning off the power.  Just some thoughts to share.

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2006
            Fran I haven't tried the Panama Collection. Is it good? I am only in
            the beginning stages of coffee roasting so I am still trying new
            varieties. I do order coffee from Sweet Marias, however, there is a
            local coffee house that does their own roasting and they are happy to
            sell green beans (I posted the website in postings its under specialty
            coffee advisor) so all I have to do is walk a few blocks. Saves on
            postage and I get a little exercise.
            Good to know about the Bodum mini, Gabe. Perhaps that is Bodum's way
            of saying hurry up and drink your coffee.
            Rick.
          • David
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
              Hi all,

              If anyone has an old burned out Bodum 12 cup electric vac pot they no longer want, I would be interested in buying it as long as it isn't much. I'm looking for a toy to tinker with.

              Would consider a 5 cup one as well.

              Dave in Michigan