Re: [vacuumcoffeepotcollector] Greeetings from a new member

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hi John,

      Yes that is the fun, enjoying trying different brands
      and seeing what the results will be. I just received
      my extra red kent so that I can use it for my daily
      pot and not have to worry about breaking it. Only
      thing I didn't catch when I bought it is that it turns
      out to have the gold band rather than the orange, so
      actually it is still not a duplicate.

      If you get a chance and want to you might expand on
      working in the coffee industry? Sounds like it could
      be of interest.

      Larry

      --- calmantogo <calmantogo@...> wrote:

      > Hello all you Vacuum Coffeemaker enthusiasts,
      >
      > I was just turned onto this group by Larry. I have
      > been in the coffee
      > industry for many years but only took a deeper
      > interest in Vac Makers
      > for 3 years. I love them and use them every day for
      > coffee and
      > sometimes for tea. I am adding to my collection but
      > am far from being
      > able to get the older most coveted Vacs. I look
      > forward to sharing my
      > love and enthusiasm with you all.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • calmantogo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
        Larry,

        Thank-you for the welcome and invite, as well.

        I have been in Specialty Coffee since the mid 70s while living in
        Cambridge/Boston. I have been a roaster, green coffee buyer and all
        around coffee geek. If it has anything to do with coffee I have done
        it, except grow it. Although I have been to coffee growing countries.

        I've worked for coffee roaster/retailers in Boston, San Francisco,
        Monterey and The Virgin Islands. That last one was tough to take! lol

        It is always satisfying to be able to brew and taste what I roast in
        my Silex LC12.

        I have other coffee paraphernalia in my collection, but the Vac Pots
        are near and dear. I will post some pictures of my collection in the
        very near future.

        John

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hollenberg

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
          John,

          Sounds like the best of worlds. A job in an area you
          like and great locations. Not to mention the Vac pots
          which we look forward to seeing. We had quite a
          discussion going on Coffee Roasting a while back but
          for now that seems to have run its course. I am sure
          your expertise will be of help to someone here in the
          future.

          Larry Hollenberg

          http://mail.yahoo.com