Very early Kitchenaid/Hobart A9

  • pawilh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2013
      Hello-

      I recently ran across a lady selling a pair of Kitchenaid A9's--maybe someone could shed a bit of light--

      They are both the "red ring" style, meaning the adjusting ring for the grind is red in color, versus the later black. Also, one of the grinders has a standard OEM glass hopper, but it is a lid-less type with a Kitchenaid sticker on the top, while the other has something similar to a mason jar on it.

      I don't know a lot about the various incarnations of the A9 but these look really old to me--is there anything about these that make them more desirable the common "lidded" 1940's style?

      I'm also not sure of their value, I'm thinking she's a bit high in price at $130/e. Neither has been restored and they're both a bit toasty--

      Any info/insight would be great! Thanks--Paul