Re: information

  • pawilh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
      I believe mine is from the later batch, judging by the rigidity of the seal. Running it under some hot water did help quite a bit though in seating it, thank you for the suggestion Larry!

      I've made three batches in it so far and the last two were great. I will likely shelve it though as I am always concerned about breakage with the older glass pots.

      In regards to the porcelain questions--back in the 90's my wife was a caster at a local ceramics shop. I know the material is very tough, and some really nice designs could be made easily, but I agree there must have been some mechanical (or economic) concerns for using it in this application as I have never seen one. Perhaps the funnel section posed a durability problem. ?

      Appreciate all the info, thanks.

      Paul