pyroceram

  • mathew.hargreaves
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2013
      Roland,

      Corning did some for Cory in pyro ceram. I have one but the bottom bowl lip was damaged in shipping, by the darned Cory rod slipping out of its wrapping. I have never seen another or just an undamaged bottom bowl.

      The plastic top Cory models were the last homestyle models. Keep in mind that cost of production usually forces the changes. Injection molded plastic top bowls were probably cheaper to make than injection molded glass bowls.

      BTW, "Pyrex" is both a trademark--of which over 60 different types of glass matrixes are sold, and a "process". Pyrex is not a glass. Boronsilicate Glass is the correct matrix used for the glass vacuum coffee makers.

      CHEERS...Mathew

    • Roland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2013
        Hey Matt,

        Thanks for the info. I'm sorry your pot got damaged in shipping and hope you find another.

        Do you have a pic of the Pyroceram pot, or is it posted on the group (or another website)?