Re: [vacpot] On a brighter note--

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
      Paul,

      It was very simple. I had several pairs of white sport socks I didn't use.  I cut them to circles about an inch wider all around than the filter. Then I took some thread and stitched a simple in and out about every quarter inch and left the tails long by about 3 inches. When you pull the threads it will cup up over the wire holder.  I did buy some very thin hemp type string at wally world and am going to use it for the next one. I usually use it with the fuzzy side to the outside.  Its a bit of a pain to wash but once you get used to it it goes quickly. I just dip it in an out of water turning it inside out to rinse both sides throughly. Then I run clean water though it and squeeze it out a couple of times, put it in a small juice glass in a couple inches of fresh water and keep it in the refrigerator till I need it. So far so good. Which is a lot more than I can say for the old original ones I had.

      I did indeed try to cut round paper ones from melita filters. It was as you say, slow to work and wanted to stall the return of the brew extensively. The cloth seems to be a perfect up and down action.