Re: Any decent suggestions for Decaf?

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2013
      Larry,

      It is not the least expensive coffee around, bit I have found that Peet's old standby, Major Dickason's Blend in the decaf version is very little different from the regular version. It is a deep roast Indonesian blend, so it will be a full-bodied coffee, but also low in acid when vacbrewed.

      Philip

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2013
        Thanks for all the suggestions.. One thing about living in the country is the brands available are limited an no doubt some of these are regional brands as well.   I will google them and see if they are listed for sale on line anywhere.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 11, 2013
          Larry,

          I have a recommendation for you, but I must tell you I am part owner of the roasting company I am recommending. It is CaffeMarco (www.caffemarco.com). We are located in Paris, Kentucky. Our coffee is organic, fair trade. We roast it in a Primo 12 pound roaster. Our current decaf is a dark roast from Guatemala and is water processed. When we have a pot of decaf brewed, some people who taste it do not realize it is decaf until we tell them. I think you would enjoy it.

          Frank

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hollenberg <larryhollenb@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for all the suggestions.. One thing about living in the country is the brands available are limited an no doubt some of these are regional brands as well.   I will google them and see if they are listed for sale on line anywhere.
          >
          > Larry
          >

          > ________________________________

        • carol.vesperino
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 11, 2013
            Larry,
            Add chickory to coffee. It extends the amount of coffee and has no
            caffeine. It's a taste they use in the South, and will make the coffee mix
            have half the caffeine. Some drink just chickory, but I find it too bitter
            alone.
            Carol V____PA.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2013
              Larry,

              I just found out our website has been hacked. Please do not attempt to place an order at this time. I will let you know when it is safe.

              Frank

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2013
                Frank

                Computers are a boom and a bust for the public.  We all of a sudden can't live without them and at the same time they are putting everyones lives at peril..   I hope you get it fixed soon, nothing worse that security issues on computers.  Glad you told us as I was about to check it out.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 18, 2013
                  Larry,

                  Our website has been fixed. It is now safe to browse and buy if you wish. I have quoted my original post to bring it to the top.