Twinbird Siphon Coffee makers from Japan?

  • raegenhare
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
      Does anybody have any experience with the Twinbird Siphon coffee makers from Japan? They are on eBay, Amazon, Rakuten.com and other websites, and they look intriguing.

      They are electric, too. But everything seems to be in Japanese. I wonder if they will work in the US (can you plug them in?).

      And do they make good coffee?

      Thanks.

      Sheri
    • pawilh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2013
        That style of vacpot makes good coffee, yes. A friend of the family has a Hario, but it uses a spirit lamp as a heat source.

        My question about the Twinbird would be does it brew (and/or shut off) automatically?

        Seems to be very little info out there on the unit.