gasket odor; vaculator issue

  • pawilh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2013
      Hello,

      Having two issues, maybe someone could offer some tips. First is with the rubber gasket on a Nicro 1512 I recently purchased. Its fully intact, pliable, but has a very noticeable musty odor. I've tried soaking in dish soap/water, scrubbing, and I even briefly boiled it--no luck. Anyone else run into this?

      Second is with my Vaculator. While I was cleaning it I noticed I apparently have a mismatched upper/lower. Lower is an 8LA, and the upper is a 12UA. So I guess I'm looking for some glass-- I typically use the 8cup pots moreso than the 12's. And I also appear to be missing the lid for the pot if anyone has a stash of old parts.

      So, lmk! Thanks--Paul
    • carol.vesperino
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2013
        Have you tried baking soda water or white vinegar water soaking?? Mix a
        little baking soda (or vinegar) in water and soak the gasket a while. It
        takes out refrigerator odors, so should work.
        Carol V___PA.