Off brand "Javac" 4 cup brewer?

  • larry h
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2013
      Hello All,

      I was out today and ran across a smaller vacuum pot with the small mouth design. On the metal band it has "Javac" as a name. The upper bowl says Glasbake on it. It appears similar to some inexpensive Sears or Wards products of the late 30's or 40's.. I don't see a album that has it shown but it could be hiding somewhere. Does someone know something about it?

      After I get it cleaned up I will post a couple photos of it. I did find that the seal is still working so it will operate.. Probably will give it a try at breakfast..

      Steven? Phillip? others..

      Larry
    • Steven Lewis
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2013
        Larry,
        I have a Javac but do not know anything about the brand. I am sure that Mathew does. I have a backlog of images I need to put on the website but a project that I am working on takes all my time.

        The example I have is marked Glasbake X7U on the upper bowl and Glasbake X7L on the lower bowl so I suspect it is a seven cup model. The filter looks like a Silex Lox-in but is just marked Pyrex. It has a brown bakelite (?) handle. It has a glass upper bowl cover but I think that it is not standard.

        Steven