Yahoo article on Coffee.

  • larry h
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2013
      Up on Yahoo at the time is an interesting article using Starbucks as a reference for quality. (what ever you think of that).. Still the piece has some things I didn't know as well as some I think some won't agree with.. For one it says not to store your coffee in the refrigerator. Something I read all the time should be done.. They say (or starbucks says) that it picks up moisture which is the enemy of coffee. They also say if your going to error on grind sizes the coarser grinds are more forgiving that grinding beans too fine. Fine beans are bitter and coarse perhaps a bit more weak if not brewed properly. They also say that you should use any ground beans in a few days at the most.

      If you can still find it, its worth a look.. I am going to go take my jar of ground coffee out of the refrigerator..

      http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/why-coffee-tastes-lousy-213900225.html

      Larry
    • carol.vesperino
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2013
        Larry,
        I was told not to refrigerate coffee beans by the 8 O'Clock coffee
        people. They send little tips and coupons occasionally, and now my coffee is
        in air tight jars under the cupboard. I also favor a larger grind, unless
        I'm going to drip a single cup, and grind only what I need at the moment.
        Carol V___PA.