Re: [vacpot] Cory mystery cup

  • Nancy Curtis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      Really cute!   Looks very 1930's to me.   Neat that you got it.

      Nancy C.

      East Texas

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
        Paul,

        You have one of the accessories that came with some sets, this is a measuring device to provide the recommended grounds per cup.   They also come often with a combination lid and stand that is made of the same material an normally in black or ivory such as yours.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
          Paul, the black bakelite was the more common, the ivory less common. It also came in brown (walnut) to match the Cory DRU/DRL that came with a walnut colored bakelite handle and safety stand.

          Steven (oribatids)

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
            Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like its definitely something to hang onto--

            I don't have any of the glass Corys, so its the first time I've seen one.

            Paul

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013
              Paul, additional info. If you look in my photo album Cory Wide Neck (DRU/DRL) you will find four photos titled Cory Walnut DRU_DRL1 to Cory DRU_DRL 4. In these photos you see a walnut accented 8-cup Cory set. Steven (oribatids)