Cory mystery cup

  • pawilh
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      Hello-

      I received this measuring cup with a recent purchase (per pics). It is marked "Cory Glass Coffee Brewer Chicago M" on the bottom, and apparently holds 1/2oz (about 3tbs).

      Does anyone know which Cory brewer this originally shipped with? I received it with a Nicro 1512--

      Thanks--Paul

      http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn379/87glhs/2013-04-26_11-09-41_924.jpg

      http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn379/87glhs/2013-04-26_11-09-31_435.jpg
    • Nancy Curtis

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
          Paul,

          You have one of the accessories that came with some sets, this is a measuring device to provide the recommended grounds per cup.   They also come often with a combination lid and stand that is made of the same material an normally in black or ivory such as yours.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
            Paul, the black bakelite was the more common, the ivory less common. It also came in brown (walnut) to match the Cory DRU/DRL that came with a walnut colored bakelite handle and safety stand.

            Steven (oribatids)

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
              Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like its definitely something to hang onto--

              I don't have any of the glass Corys, so its the first time I've seen one.

              Paul

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013
                Paul, additional info. If you look in my photo album Cory Wide Neck (DRU/DRL) you will find four photos titled Cory Walnut DRU_DRL1 to Cory DRU_DRL 4. In these photos you see a walnut accented 8-cup Cory set. Steven (oribatids)