Re: [vacpot] Random thoughts on coffee pots.

  • carol.vesperino
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
      Roland,
      I used to buy those, but I get the large basket filters free from
      work every time they change the style. Right now I have 4 large bags of them
      here and it seems they will last quite some time. Free is always good and
      they would throw the old style out.
      Carol

      In a message dated 3/31/2013 12:56:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      rsburritt@... writes:

      There is also a fold-over paper insert specifically for percolator filter
      baskets It's not the same as the little disk filter that sits at the
      bottom. It is like a square napkin with a hole in the center that goes
      over
      the pump stem, then each of the 4 corners has a hole so you can fold them
      over and seal it. You may have to look around to find them but grocers
      often carry them, or you can get them online.

    • carol.vesperino
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
        Larry,
        They look like the brushes in my gun cleaning kit. Maybe I should try
        one of the smaller calibers to see if it'll work.
        Carol

        In a message dated 3/30/2013 10:58:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        larryhollenb@... writes:

        Try Percolator Spout tube Brush on ebay. There is a new one on that site
        that is the small type for the stems.

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
          I did a little googling. It may be that scalding was merely to bring the pot
          up to temperature before actually doing the cooking.

          Roland

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
            There was also copper and tinware. If I'm not mistaken, the word "tinker"
            comes from this.

            Roland