Re: Hi.. New owner of a C30C that died after one use...

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 29 2:05 PM
      Hi Zack,

      I'm the one that converted the C30 to stove-top use. I removed all electronics and plastic from the bottom (The heating element is welded on, so stays). The brass bolt in the center needs to be sawed off almost flush and maybe ground down. Then take a socket and place around the bolt stub and, using a hammer, tap the bottom so it is no longer bowled. The ends of the heating element need to be bent/hammered or cut off so the whole element is flat. This is to keep it from rocking. It wouldn't hurt to flatten the element with a hammer some, but may not be needed. I did it without trying it without first.
      The whole thing makes a dandy, nice looking and rugged stove-top brewer.

      Dave in Michigan